Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Chicken Shack

During the great Northeast black out of 2003, this place was my home base. The humming generators powered this well known eatery and supplied the masses with greasy deep fried goods when nothing else was open, and the crowd rejoiced.

Open for over 50 years, they have their methods to madness down and produce the same consistent crunchy battered fair that keep their fans coming back again and again.

Their food is pretty self explanatory, and you get what you expect as far as fried chicken is concerned.

I went for the fish, because I have never had it there...I was content.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The homie gunned for the chicken bites, and for a ballin' $5 lunch you can't go wrong.

Photobucket

I have left here many a time feeling gross, usually due to the over consumption of oil one ingests in a short period of time. I will say however, that this time around I didn't leave feeling that way.

If you want to play "fat guy" for the day go for the broasted potatoes, but if you want to play it safe indulge in the super tasty fries instead.

There are 18 locations throughout Michigan, visit www.chickenshack.com to find the joint closes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment