Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club is humble, sweet & sassy. They take average dishes and turn them into something spectacular.

The breakfast here is your best bet and the most direct route to flavor town, as I learned the hard way this trip. I should of known better than to order a salad here, but I'm glad I did because I know never to do such a thing again!

Their menu includes everything from the ordinary to extraordinary. C'mon, this place has breakfast nachos... its gotta be good, right?

Photobucket
My dish- the crab cobb salad.

Obviously, a stupid choice. I was intent on finding out what they meant by "premium crab", and I was saddened by my discovery.

As I've learned through past Michigan crab adventures, it's damn hard to find GREAT looking crab around here! What do I really expect though, I know I am setting myself up for the 1-2 punch in my grill.


Photobucket
Smart choice #1- Carrot cake pancakes with cream cheese frosting

Decadent & delicious.


Photobucket
smart choice #2- The baked french toast. Their signature dish, the bomb shizzle.


Photobucket

smart choice #3 The wild mushroom omelet- with portobello mushrooms, green onion & cream cheese. Served with a side of tomatoes au' gratin & fruit

As you can clearly see, I really lost this round. Fortunately the Lunch Guru's dining partners were nice enough to allow me to taste.

The Breakfast Club has three scrumptious locations;

3o66o John R, Madison Heights
open 7AM- 2PM Monday-Sunday

38467 W. Ten Mile, Farmington Hills
open 7AM-2:30PM Monday-Sunday

1713 Haggerty, Commerce Township
open 7AM-2:30PM Monday-Sunday

3 comments:

  1. Definitely had to visit this place after seeing that picture of the carrot cake pancakes! We loved it, everything was delicious AND you get chocolate covered strawberries with the check. Will be returning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, everything looks delicious. That French toast, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all over that wild mushroom omelet and tomato gratin! It is totally my kind of breakfast.

    ReplyDelete